Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas present!

Well, since the only thing I truly wanted for Christmas couldn't be bought in stores, or given to me, I settled for the next best thing, which is a crafty project just for me, compliments of my mom! With all the stress of moving and trying to remodel, firing our contractor, dealing with the legal issues surrounding all of that, and now living in a house that is halfway finished, and unable to unpack or settle in yet due to the work still needing to be done, I have no outlets for my frustration except for facebook and Pinterest.  Addicting as that all is, mom gave me an awesome Christmas present and I have 1 block complete so far. It's a needlework project that will become the lid to a very cool basket, which will eventually house my current WIPs for needlework.  Here's a photo of the finished product, American Patchwork by Debbie Stiehler

Isn't this just about the neatest thing you've ever seen?? This is my first project stitching on canvas, and first needlepoint project. Usually I'm a cross-stitcher so I'm learning quite a bit with this, which I love. It opens up all sorts of possibilities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, love this project! And that Shaker Box, too!

I have known your frustrations with remodeling and contractors this year so I can empathize. It'll get done eventually. Mine is still on-going, and I am having a hard time convincing DH to re-do some things the contractors made a mess of. Hang in there.

Happy New Year!