I finished the top for Jacob's quilt-Noah's Ark. This is from Red Rooster fabrics-Jim Shore's line. I simply love his designs. Perhaps one of these days I'll have a few of his statuettes to go along with the quilt. I got it sandwiched for quilting as well, now I just have to decide how I'm going to quilt it.
I have had this UFO for 2+ years, it was a BOM from 2005 from Old Town Quilt Shop in Keller. I hated the December block that they picked as it didn't "match" the other 11 blocks in being an 8 point star like the others, so I finally got around to making an alternate block for it.
Now that I have a set of 12 that I actually like, I'll be working on finishing up this top after the mystery quilt. Making the last block got me excited about this one again!
The BC Quilt retreat is underway and while I couldn't attend this year, I am participating in their mystery quilt. I finished step 1 last night and here it is:
That would be a total of 324 HST in the orange and yellow. Step 2 puts them all into 3 HST strips, making 108 total of those, but I only got about half of them sewn into pairs so far. I'll have to wait to get that finished until after church tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone else's progress on this!
I finally have the chance to really start sewing again, so I started this BOM project hoping to make something with a bit of an asian flare. Perhaps this will go to Aleya one day. Here's my first two blocks for January and February.